Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on Full wave thyristor bridge rectifier-- control by tca785

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnab1990

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I study the datasheet of TCA785 but it confused me work with it. Because practical application of TCA785 in full bridge rectifier is not clear. plz help me:sad:

Attachments

• ac power control.jpg
    ac power control.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 927
  • 1-tca785.pdf
    461.7 KB · Views: 239

TCA785 is used in full wave thyristor controlled circuits in the aim of capturing zero crossings. you should trigger the thyristors at the zero-crossing points to get full wave. in the datasheet you can examine application circuits.

Think this way, if thyristors has 180 degree opening angle it will act like common graetz bridge.

Changing of thyristors opening angle, you will change output voltage.

When thyristors are open (when they let current flow), then always 2 thyristors - opposite one are ON (upper left and downer right and vice versa). TCA785 has 2 output impulses (positive and negative half periods), because two thyristors in par has to work, you have 4 impulse transformers, every transistor drive 2 transformers (problem is that opposite thyristors that works together has different Cathode potencial, so you have to use separate transformers).

See your visitor messages for details.

Hope this helps,

Mr.Cube

PS. R3 has to be in series with C3 (this is error on schematic).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back