Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Practical value for stability factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee2020

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In design of a 10-GHz amplifier, what value for stability factor (k) is satisfactory? A value much greater than 1 is achieved in the expense of reduced gain, while a value near 1 is not reliable.

The stability factor problem has been discussed here in details.If you search , I'm sure you'll find very useful infornation about it.

Like in theory:

K>1
B1>0

Like in theory:

K>1
B1>0

This is obvious! Both K=1.01 and K=5 are greater than 1! However, the first is sensitive to process variation, and the later results in reduced gain. I need a practical solution.

Put in your simulation gain pplot and stability and look at both of them...
in general if Kgreater than 1.5 its pretty good enough ...

This is obvious! Both K=1.01 and K=5 are greater than 1! However, the first is sensitive to process variation, and the later results in reduced gain. I need a practical solution.

Do a Monte Carlo simulation and observe the variance of K stability factor by run..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back