Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What's the best use of Mesh Operation for increasing the accuracy of a simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing rfid tag antennas(860-960 mhz) using hfss 12.1, can someone help me whats the best use of Mesh Operation function for increasing the accuracy of the simulation? thanks

Set it up correctly and it will be correct. For 99% of simulations, mesh operations are not necessary. Mesh operations tend to way over solve (university students tend to over use them), and then the user blames the software for excessive resource usage and solve times. Also, be aware of the measurement error for the antenna to be designed and do not force "accuracy" that exceeds your capability for measurement error.

As an aside, you will want to converge on re and im Z rather than S since your RFID antenna is likely being designed to match a strongly complex IC load. Look up expression cache in the HFSS help.

Have fun :)

Reactions: Techi

Techi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks for guiding, I got the point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back