Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Spartan II Eval-Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

olpa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xilinx spartan 2

Hi,

I am looking for an eval-board with a Xilinx Spartan II FPGA. It schold be cheap and flexible in the way of use.

Thanks for any links
Olpa

xilinx spartan xc2s200

Thank you very much!!!!!!

But I am looking for an Eval Boarl like the Bunch -Board but with a Spartan II not a Spartan IIE. I need 5 Volts tolerant IO.

Best Regards
Olpa

spartan 2 evaluation board

If you are looking for a PCI card using the Spartan II, take a closer look at Insight Electronics. I don't know what you are planning, but this board is quite nice (maybe not cheap enough)
Hope it helped,
Maddin

xilinx spartan ii

Hi olpa!

The Burch board was also sold with Spartan 2 (XC2S200)! I think they are pin-compatible with Spartan 2E. Is Spartan 2E not 5V tolerant??
The cesys page also provides full schematics of their boards. I'm currently developing my own Spartan 2 board.

The General

spartan ii board

GeneralMadDog said:
Hi olpa!

The Burch board was also sold with Spartan 2 (XC2S200)! I think they are pin-compatible with Spartan 2E. Is Spartan 2E not 5V tolerant??
The cesys page also provides full schematics of their boards. I'm currently developing my own Spartan 2 board.

The General

It's true that spartan IIE family has NO 5V tolerant I/Os. You can easy verify this by checking the possible PC| standards of the chips.

xilinx spartan eval small

Hi GeneralMadDog,

maybe that the Spartan II and SpartanIIE are pin compatible. But if I buy the new version I have replace the IC. I think in this case it would be more reasonable to build my own board too.
Would you like to send me your current design?

Thanks for the good reply
Olpa

spartan 2 xilinx

The XILINX datasheet says something about 5V compatible with series resitor.
My design is not very spectacular. A XC2S200 soldered on a adaptor pcb. I use it in combination with a C165UTAH controller with USB. You will find detailed schematics and application notes around XC2S200 on the cesys page (also in english). The schematics are very good. You'll find everything you need. Put your FPGA on a adaptor, place this on a scratch board. Then you need only one or two voltage regulators and a JTAG interface for IMPACT. I use my controller to program the FPGA via SPI. My own design documents are not finished.

regards
The General

xilinx spartan 2e

8O 8O look at this www.digilentinc.com spartant 2e 200k gates for 100 $ us and io board with ps2 vga lcd 4 * 8 digits 15 pushs buttoms and more for 75 $ us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back