Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth, microcontroller, PC Meltdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused_engineer

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I am yet to start my final year project. The first stage involves transmission of data from a Microcontroller to my desktop PC. I have decided to use bluetooth modules/dongles at each end to do the same. Trouble is, I don't know where to start. I don't know what kind of modules I can use, how I can interface the dongle/module to the microcontroller,yada yada.:?: I am looking for a range of 10-20 mts. Any inputs and suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks.

I have been using Bluegiga wt11 (need RTS signal!!!) for mcu side and USB Mini-Bluetooth GEMBIRD on PC side. This is the easiest and safe way to wireless communication I know.

Simple and practically used by me many times.

If you know wired rs232 communication, you won.
Distance about 60m I can confirm.

On PC side sometimes you can face some troubles when you have installed a communication programs for cell phone or camera,...

good luck8)

Thanks a bunch for all your help. I think I know now how I can go about it.
Also, could any of you confirm if this module could be used at the microcontroller end. I don't want to use a dongle here as it would become tedious to have to interface it.
Thanks.

I have used a Bluegiga WT12 connected via the serial interface to a UART on a PIC24FJ256GB106. Very easy to use and control.
It also has USB and SPI interfaces so you have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.