Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PPC440 virtex-5 and ICAP interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahrach

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I try to interface PPC440 with Internal Configuration Access Port (ICAP) to write/Read in configuration frames.

If there is some codes or documents or tips!

regards

Just use it like any other peripheral. If you have any doubts about the bitstream format there are several examples in Virtex-5 Configuration Guide

Hi aethor,

Please can you expline more, or can you give me please any documents in this area

Regards

Hi lahrach,

The first thing for you to know is to use Xilinx's XPS (EDK). If you are not familiar with it follow some tutorial searching in google. If your doubts come from the bitstream format the document to read is the Virtex-5 Configuration Guide. Info in this way is a bit confusing, I'd tell you to follow the bitstream example in there and see what's the meaning of the commands there. When you learn that you can try to figure out your own bitstream commands. These commands can be sent through the Hwicap peripheral in XPS. You'll also have to check its drivers to know how it works (not that difficult).

Hope this helps you,
Regards

Hi eathor

Have you an example with C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back