Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable gain, slew rate( bias current) OpAmp design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

May i know if there is a way to design an opamp with variable gain and slew rate( slew rate change via change in bias current etc.). If so, can you please provide me with information( papers or online links..) regarding the same.

I wish to desing a DAC which is reconfigurable and so I am thinking of designing an opamp which can have a variable gain and speed to meet the GBW and resolution requirements of the DAC under various configurations.

Thanks a lot in advance!!
M

Yes, it is OK to change voltage bias for current source to change bias current in the opamp.

Thank you for the reply Leo_o2!!

I have a question, increaing the bias current alone will lead to increase in the over drive voltages( reduction in the swing) and the gain might get reduced if any of the transistors goes into linear region. Is there a way to overcome these issues are these the limitations of such a configurtion.

THanks a lot in advance!!
M

A cascode transistor will help some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back