Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lookup table using vhdl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

sai geethika

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai! How to convert binary bits (eg."00") to digital symbols(eg."1/sqrt(2) ) using lookup tables in vhdl coding? Can anyone help me out please:)

Arithmetic functions (e.g. sqrt, division) are operating on numbers, not bits. These numbers have a digital representation. The first point, when thinking about lookup tables, is to specify numeric ranges and resolutions, then about a suitable numeric format, mostly fixed point.

There's a large amount of contributions related to lookup tables, see the similar threads tab as a first hint. Instead of making edaboard members retelling the stuff that have been already written, you should consult these previous threads. And come back with a more specific question, if necessary.

I need a help regarding a bit of lookup table program provided below:

case theta_int is

when 45 => sin_data_int <= to_signed(99,12); cos_data_int <= to_signed(1439,12);

what is the significance of "to_signed(99,12) and to_signed(1439,12)" ? I am unable to understand that one. Can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back