Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Simulation software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushygs

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, can any one help me to get the best simulation software for AC & DC, more specifically of Analog DC. I had tried lot of free, which has limitation either in the number of parts in a schematic or does not have the large list of components or it dos not give a real simulation like glowing the LED etc.

Hi bushygs,
There are numerous simulation tools are available in net. Each has its own advantages. To start with you can try "TINA Design Suite"

TINA Design Suite is a powerful yet affordable circuit simulation and PCB design software package for analyzing, designing, and real time testing of analog, digital, VHDL, MCU, and mixed electronic circuits and their PCB layouts. You can also analyze SMPS, RF, communication, and optoelectronic circuits; generate and debug MCU code using the integrated flowchart tool; and test microcontroller applications in a mixed circuit environment. A unique feature of TINA is that you can bring your circuit to life with the optional USB controlled TINALab II and LogiXplorer hardware, which turns your computer into a powerful, multifunction T&M instrument. Electrical engineers will find TINA an easy to use, high performance tool, while educators will welcome its unique features for the training environment.

you can get this software here Analog, Digital, Symbolic, RF, VHDL, MCU Circuit Simulation & PCB Design

I have experimented with tina 6.0 and iam sure you can see the LED blinking here.
Explore their site othe useful softwares are available

One more software u may like in their website "Edision". link Edison the Multimedia Lab for exploring electronics and electricity
It gives Real-time 3D graphics and lifelike 3D components will captivate your students as they build circuits in the real 3D world.

Hope it helps u...

Hi,
Have you tried Using "Proteus" ?. I think you will find it very useful. It's from Labcenter Electronics.

Electronics Workbench by ModelSim is an excellent simulator both for beginners & experienced users.

I have used Multisim and CircuitLogix and I like them both. They both have mixed-mode simulation which is ideal for interfacing analog and digital control circuits.

If you like to see more pro results try Microcap from Spectrum Software

You can check Simetrix/Simplis simulator.
It is designed for power electronics.
But sad-to-say, no glowing LEDs in there.:cry:

But of course, you can use probes to monitor
what's happening to your circuit...:razz::grin:

Try PSpice! You can download from **broken link removed**

hi guys can any one help me in getting a simulation software for the simulation of the 8051 micro controller .
particularly for the design of quiz buzzer

...the best simulation software for AC & DC, more specifically of Analog....

Microcap simulator from Spectrum Software. Those guys are developing their simulator since 80s (at the beginning it was DOS!). They have assembled the features we need in a very intuitive way. Models and algorithms for solutions are the very best.

Do give it a try: MicroCap download

Last edited:

Proteus is a good one, you can find it on the net, if you could find the Matlab it will be great, you can use the power electronics libraries and simulate huge functions and circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.