Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transient noise analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahtesham

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

What is transient noise analysis.?? to get relevant answers,I will explain in what context i am asking it.
I went through a presentation ppt,which explains,we do transient noise analysis of ASIC after power routing.This is done to find out which part of the chip is getting less power(VDD compression,VCS compression) in the transient stage of the chip(say the starting 100ns).
And the area which is reported by the transient analysis tool ,gets more decoupling capacitors.
1)My question is why the transient noise analysis is done for the initial stage only(those starting 100ns).
2)If there is Transient noise analysis ,what is other types of noise analysis in the chip design stage.

Thanks

Hello,

Hello,

What is transient noise analysis.?? to get relevant answers,I will explain in what context i am asking it.
I went through a presentation ppt,which explains,we do transient noise analysis of ASIC after power routing.This is done to find out which part of the chip is getting less power(VDD compression,VCS compression) in the transient stage of the chip(say the starting 100ns).
And the area which is reported by the transient analysis tool ,gets more decoupling capacitors.
1)My question is why the transient noise analysis is done for the initial stage only(those starting 100ns).
2)If there is Transient noise analysis ,what is other types of noise analysis in the chip design stage.

Thanks

Transient Noise provides device noise analysis using a stochastic-based approach , combined with the appropriate noise source bandwidth settings...
Basically transient noise analysis simulator adds random noise sources to each device to represent the noisy voltages and currents generated by each device....
Device noise in analog circuit designs negatively impacts performance, such as signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and bit error rate (BER), and can lead to failures in meeting specifications and power requirements...
The Transient Noise Analyzer includes white noise, which includes thermal and shot noise, and flicker noise....

Use Berkeley Design Automation (BDA), Analog FastSPICE (AFS) for accurate Transient Noise analysis...
BDA - AFS Transient Noise Option

---manju---

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back