Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Band switch diode for RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpugelni

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have filter in which I must use switch diode for desired band pass. So, in original schematic is used BA423 (AM band switch diode), in the other hand I can buy BA243 (Diode switch). Working frequency of switch circuit is 10,7MHz. I was noticed that BA243 have 50....1000MHz frequency range. (hm)
Question is; Can I use BA423 instead of BA243 ?, and "AM band diode", does that mean that this diode is for amplitude signals, or for low frequencies of AM band..

Thanks,

Hi gpugelni,
I've had a look at the datasheet. BA243 is similar to BA423, in facts even somewhat better: forward resistance and reverse capacity are indeed lower at the same frequency/current.
"AM" means "typical AM bandwidth", from some 100 kHz to a few MHz. It does not mean the diode can be used only for amplitude modulation signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back