Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock voltage in Switched capacitor CMOS boost (step-up) converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled2k

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am designing a CMOS DC/DC converter. If the specs are VDD=5V and VOUT=20V for ex.
I have a question regarding the clock of the switches. The clock feeds the gates of NMOS transistors for example. If the clock is a pulse with Vh=VDD=5V, this will mean that some switches will not be ON even if clock is high, for example if a switch has VS=15V, Vgate should be more than 15+Vt
Could anyone who designed a practical CMOS step-up converter help me please?

Thanks

To be easy, you can design asynchronize Step-up DC/DC. The power switch is NMOS(source connected to ground, drain connected to inductor). You can use 5V for gate driving.

To be easy, you can design asynchronize Step-up DC/DC. The power switch is NMOS(source connected to ground, drain connected to inductor). You can use 5V for gate driving.

leo_o2
Thanks for your reply
my CMOS process does not have inductor. I want to design an inductorless circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.