Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend an alternative small OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
loaf linux on a floppy download image

"Small" WinXP:

/http://nuhi.msfnhosting.com/nlite.html

Have you ever wanted to remove some Windows components like Media Player, Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer, Messenger...

How about not to install them with Windows ?

Well I have. Certainly not the only one, people all over are doing it even manually.

nLite is a GUI for permanent Windows component removal by your choice. After removal there is an option to make bootable image ready for burning on cd or testing in virtual machines. So that means that with nLite you will be able to have Windows installation cd which on installation doesn't install, or even contain on cd, unwanted components.

Maybe you won't believe it at first but it's not easy to not install what you don't want when it comes to Windows. It involves many setup files to be edited carefully without interfering with basic Windows components.

After some thinking I decided to make generic removal tool with a GUI, for an easy removal in order to run Windows faster and more reliable (I sound like Windows setup). So that means nLite should work on every Windows version. For now there is Windows XP and 2003 support, soon there will be Windows 2000 but that's where i draw the line until Longhorn is released.

Re: OS for fun.

The freeos.com is excellent...I would recoment it to everyone.

OS for fun.

i don't know the exact meaning ,but i think it means the os which is going to be installed for the purpose of to interact with hardware with out any conflict and to keep the hardware safe and the user's data.
this operating system is designed based on the hardware why ? bcz those differ if your going to meet the requirements of handheld systems,and embedded devices , and general purpose operating systems.
eg: mac os apple based processor ,Windows fo intel based processor,symbian for mobile applications.etc....

Added after 1 minutes:

kde.org is the best one for those too get the information

Re: OS for fun.

My intentions was to have some source code and play around with compiling my own kernel etc...

It would be an achievement to even write an OS to access Keyboard monitor and do some mathematical calculations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back