Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RJ45 + Magnetics + PoE question

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglyduck

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

New in the ethernet comm. field...
I need to design a PoE Ethernet and started a research.
Can anyone provide me with information about differences with RJ45 connectors with integrated magnetics that are capable for PoE? I'm checking the Tyco Electronics website (this **broken link removed** in particular) and got a little bit confused:

- what does it mean "Magnetic Circuit = 3D15" or 7V15 or 4D15 or 7D52ET etc. ? Google didn't help me.

- is there anything important regarding the RJ45 connectors with integrated transformer and PoE capabilities that I should know prior to making a prototype PCB ? I intend to use PIC18F66J60 and want to be able to power it with PoE.

- what is the difference between "10/100 POE" and "10BASE-T POE" (taken from the Tyco website) ?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.