Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

<CST> 4 way wilkinson on flexible structure - bend sheet functi

Status
Not open for further replies.

hof

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I'm designing an 4-way wilkinson power divider with flexible structure. After successful optimalisation I would like to simulate change of S-parameters when you're bending the whole structure. The problem is when I'm bending the structure on cylinder the microstrip line partially isn't touhing the substrate. Even healing tools didn't work.

Results of simulation on non-bended structure and the fitting problem in attachment.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 3db_final_interconnecting_dyskretne_01align.jpg
    3db_final_interconnecting_dyskretne_01align.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 3db_final_interconnecting_01_s11.jpg
    3db_final_interconnecting_01_s11.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 91

Well.....
I would pursue one of the following:
1) use a multisection power splitter with broader bandwidth, so that a slight shift in match frequency does not bother me,
2) Use a ground plane on the bottom of the dielectric, instead of relying on the metal surface as being your ground plane
3) use something other than microstrip, so that a ground plane is "not needed". Something like a center conductor and a co-planar ground sheet to the left and to the right of it.
4) use differential conductors, like coplanar strips, where the metal cylinder is not seen as a ground plane at all.
5) attach the dielectric to the metal cylinder with something like sticky foam tape, so that the spacing is constant during bending.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for answer.
Ad. 1. Thanks , I will try to change the strip design . This power splitter works in narrow bandwidth like 2.4 - 2.4 GHz .
Ad. 2. I can do it when I'm using waveguide ports and there is no need to make a free space boundaries. When I'm bending the structure I need to change ports to discrete and the boundaries to open "add space" otherwise solver is giving me an error discrete port is inside PEC.

I will attach some drawings later.
Once again thanks for help.

can you upload .cst files to here that we can improve design ???
i need a 4 way wilkinson divider for my antenna array. anyone have a nice design?

Hi, design has been improved since last update. Fully functional model has been built and measured with good results. I can't upload .cst files cause my whole work is property of my school. If you need 4 way Wilkinson with equal split on conventional laminate it's really easy case. My work was done using flexible laminate and unequal split, so it's much harder to get a good results.

Thanks for reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back