Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PIC18F2550 with PIC18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasamiko

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm planning to build the GTP Lite USB PIC programmer but unfortunately don't have PIC18F2550 on hand, what I've got is PIC18F4550...too big for the project but never mind the size..

I read somewhere else that I can replace 2550 with 4550? My question is how to modify the pinout of 2550 to be compatible with 4550?

I was thinking that I just follow the 2550 pin function regardless of 4550 pin number?

Any help will be appreciated..

TIA

The PIC4550 is completely pin compatible with the PIC18F2550. In fact they are both the same IC inside the package. The PIC2550 just does not use all the ports to reduce the pin count and package size.

In other words... yes, but copy the pin function and not the pin numbers.
The only problem you might have is the programmer, it might tell you there is a mismatch between the two devices, it should be safe to override it if that's possible on your unit. The PIC software remains the same but the device ID may be different.

Brian.

points for the 2 of you!

it should look something like this??

pic18f.gif

BR

UPDATE...

All is working well as expected..

The board:

Image394.jpg

Copper Side:

Image395.jpg

TESTING...