Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC35i GPRS module drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xczms

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
siemens mc35i driver

i wannna connect the MC35i to my Embedded application platform in which there is already uClinux,RS232 driver,TCP/IP protocol etc. than i want to add PPP to uClinux, but i don't know if i need the MC35i driver ? is there any source codes ?

siemens mc35 driver

You just need to add an initialization string during modem initialization such as

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP", "internet"

where "internet" is your GPRS access point name. It would return "CONNECT" if it can attach to GPRS network successfully. Then you can start PPP.

mc35i driver

In GPRS for mobile phone, you have to set some parameters like IP address, port 9207 (i think), and some other settings. Some cell phone companies send these settings for command phones by sms.

Do I need to configure teh MC35 terminal for these settings or not. If yes then how.

mc35 driver

No, you don't need to set any other things in the MC35i. IP address is assigned by the GPRS network server while port no. of the TCP connection is pre-assigned by the TCP/IP application such as HTTP.

mc35i gprs

Most siemens mobile phones have the same AT command set as the MS35i module. When you buy a new mobile, you have to configure it for IP, port, APN etc to use the WAP features which use GPRS. It is called configuring the WAP profile. So what I get from your post is that you can use the phone as a MC35 modem connected to the PC without confirguring these settings by only using AT+CGDCONT command.

siemens mc35i drivers

For PC connection, the initialization string AT+CGDCNT=1,"IP","internet" has been set the APN name, "internet" which depends on your operator. Once you setup a dial-up networking adaptor, add this init string to a generic modem driver, let say, "generic 33600bps modem driver" and ask it to dial to "*98*1#", it would attach to the GPRS network and start PPP connection. Once success, The GPRS network server would assign a dynamic IP address to your MC35i (which is not a fixed IP). While for the TCP port no., in the PC, for each protocol such as HTTP it is fixed. For your own TCPIP application, you can use your own. (Note: Be careful, some GPRS service package would only allow you to use pre-defined port no. for data transfer, so pls. check with your GPRS service provider).

mc35i drivers

Turned out that the problem was at the service provider's end. The whole series of connections were facing similar problems.

driver mc35i

I don't see it as a problem of the service provider. They're some kind of settings you have to know before you can make use of the GPRS service from the provider. For an embedded system, the only things you have to acquire from the service provider are APN, then

1. Check the dial no. which depends on the GPRS/GSM module, for MC35i, it is *98*1# while for the others such as Cellon CMS91, it is different.
2. Send the AT+CGDCONT... string to the module
3. Dial the no. i.e., ATD*98*1#
4. Once you get CONNECT, start your PPP protocol and TCPIP connection.

That's it!

For a full data com. GPRS service package, you don't need to concern about what port no. is. They are all opened.

siemens tc35i driver

Your are right about the settings. But this time, the problem was with the service provider. After defining the correct APN using the AT+CGDCONT command, the phone responded OK. But after giving the AT*99***1# command, there is no response till I press CR, it then says NO DIALTONE. Ans yes, the service number *99***1# is correct for this service provider since it was working fine till the problem started and it still works OK on other series of SIM.

mc35i linux

ATD*99***1# is just requesting GPRS service using CID 1 but you should use service code 98 not 99 to request GPRS IP service, i.e., ATD*98*1# then you should get a "CONNECT" response. It depends on the GPRS/GSM module you're using not the SIM card.

Pls. refer to the datasheet of MC35i, "MC35i_ATC_V01.03" page 258.

mc35i software

Isn't it like this that you use the ATD*99 when you need to CID as well as GPRS with IP etc. And ATD*98 when you have the GPRS already ON and want to communicate. I am not sure. I got the *99***1# from the service provider and not the modem data. The service provider's instrcution to use the phone connected to PC says that you have to install the phone as a standard modem, add the AT+CGDCONT string and use the *99***1# as the dialing number. It works OK.

atd*98#

I'm quit confusing then. Could you state what it doesn't work? At what configure you can connect to GPRS?

mc35i

Yes I know this is confusing. Let me describle again.

I bought a new Siemens C55 phone (compatible with MC52 terminal), got a new cell phone connection SIM and connected everything. Everything worked fine for about 2 weeks. Then suddenly the ATD*99***1# command failed to get a CONNECT message. I changed the phone to A65 but the problem was still the same. Then as I reported the matter to the cell service provider and they gave me another SIM. That SIM also did not work. Then everything started to work again. I think there was some problem with the service provider's system.

driver modem gsm mc35i

In that case, it should be the GPRS network problem at that moment. Yes, sometimes the service may not be available. May be you can open a Hyperterminal and send AT+CGREG? to check the availability of the GPRS registration is OK or not!

driver modem siemens mc35i

Good Idea.

Edawflee, in your experience, what is the reliability of GPRS in your country. How many times it happens that the GPRS service is temporarily unavailable. Is it as reliable as the voice circuit. The voice circuit on GSM very rarely has problems becuase cell companies are very carefull about this service. How about GPRS.

driver siemens mc35i

Hi i'm facing a similar problem, I have a modem MC35i and i'm trying to connect GPRS using Hyperterminal heres what i do i have two versions to set the connection none of them work:

1st Version:

Command: AT
Response: OK
Command: ATE0
Command: AT+CPIN= 1234
Command: AT+CGATT=1
Command: AT+CGREG=1
Command: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","IPPUBLICO.TMN.PT"
Command: ATD*98*1#
Response: Connect -> after a few seconds i get -> NO CARRIER
Command: ATD*99***1#
Response: Connect -> after a few seconds i get -> NO CARRIER

2nd Version:

Command: AT
Command: ATE0
Command: AT+CPIN= 1234
Command: AT+CGATT=1
Command: AT+CGREG=1
Command: AT#GPRSMODE=1
Response: ERROR
Command: AT#APNSERV=ippublico.tmn.pt
Command: AT#APNUN=TMN
Command: AT#APNPW=TMN
Command: AT#APNUN=TMN
Command:AT#CONNECTIONSTART

None of this works and i simple can't connect do you have any idea of what am i do wrong?
Thanks in advance

siemens mc35 drivers

I'm a beginner.
Just purchased MC35i for the purpose of Network monitoring.
I have absolutely no idea who to start communicating with the module. I have the handbook with all the commands but nothing else.
It is installed on a XP machine on COM1

atd*98*1#

Hi i'm facing a similar problem... but in my case it's this At+CGACT= 1,1 report ERROR ... i don't know why?

ATH
OK

ATZ
OK

AT+CGDCONT=1,IP,internet,0.0.0.0
OK

AT+CGQREQ=1,0,0,0,0,0
OK

AT+CGATT=1
OK

AT+CGREG?
+CGREG: 0,1
OK

AT+CGATT?
+CGATT: 1
OK

AT+CGACT=1,1 <<<<<<<<<< in this line
ERROR

AT+CGACT?
+CGACT: 1,0
OK

PLease help me ... i need that..

Salu2 maceda

siemens gsm modem tc35i driver

To be honest...I haven't succeeded even with sending a command to the device.
Tried to connect it to 2 computers with 2 different cables and I am still un able to actually communicate with the device

mc35i at command set

so ... you don't have the solution... my problem is, I have one pc and one modem GSM/GPRS Siemens MC35i ... i need to up gprs conecctio...

i don't know... how can i do that??? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.