Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to create footprint in IPC standard level??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabaleevisu

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone
i am new bee for PCB design ,i like to create the footprint in IPC standard level.so i create footprint please check whether it is correct or not???

1.in pad designer
soldermask top =begin layer +10mil(0.65mm+393mm(10mil)=0.9042).wither is it correct or not?? but my teamleader say SM=Begin layer+6mils enough for pad creation but in allegro book SM TOp= begin layer +6mils

which one is correct ??

Attachments

• footprint.JPG
    footprint.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 163

hi marce
how can get the IPC_7351 document???? if you have please post for me thanking you

Buy LP Wizard or download the free LP Viewer.
It"s used to quickly search and locate the correct Land Pattern that matches your component dimensions or manufacturer’s case code information or your personal corporate part number.
Download Link:
Free LP Wizard Evaluation Software - Mentor Graphics

This link has free downloadable documentation regarding IPC-7351
The CAD Library of the Future - Mentor Graphics
Before mentor baught Valor (and by default PCBMatrix) there was lots of in formation and resources on the PCBmatrix site and some excellent PCB based forums, unfortenatly thay has now all gone. In this case I belive it is a great loss to PCB design in general, as I have always recomended IPC-7351 to hobbyist as well as professionals, so the more out there the better and the more people using it the better. Despite hollow promises that things wouldn't change, they did.
That said if you work for a firm involved in PCB design, fabrication, assembly etc then being a member of the IPC is highly recomended, the resources and standards cover everything you want to do and all PCB manufacturers work to these standards.

This link has free downloadable documentation regarding IPC-7351
The CAD Library of the Future - Mentor Graphics
Before mentor baught Valor (and by default PCBMatrix) there was lots of in formation and resources on the PCBmatrix site and some excellent PCB based forums, unfortenatly thay has now all gone. In this case I belive it is a great loss to PCB design in general, as I have always recomended IPC-7351 to hobbyist as well as professionals, so the more out there the better and the more people using it the better. Despite hollow promises that things wouldn't change, they did.
That said if you work for a firm involved in PCB design, fabrication, assembly etc then being a member of the IPC is highly recomended, the resources and standards cover everything you want to do and all PCB manufacturers work to these standards.

I agree with Marce, long time back i downloaded the LP wizard for free but now i cant even get the viewer because Mentor do not give that also for free....

I agree with Marce, long time back i downloaded the LP wizard for free but now i cant even get the viewer because Mentor do not give that also for free....

You can still get the viewer for free at Mentor Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back