Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency analysis of a signal using fft

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdsl.chill

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone help me with the analysis of the frequency of a signal using fft?

In my project, the signal whose frequency is to be analysed is given to an adc that samples the input signal in time domain. This is converted to a signal in frequency domain by the use of fft algorithms. The power spectral density of the output sequence gives an idea of the frequency at which the signal peaks.

Now, if a 1024 pt fft is used and any random signal (making sure tht it's frequency range lies within the range of operation of adc) is given as an input to adc..how is it's frequency calculated using the above procedure?

also, can anyone explain me the terms bin number and coherent integration period? how are they helpful in calculating the frequency?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back