Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wondering about NFC signal strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowchilli

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all. hope somebody here can help..in layman's terms :)

i have a question about the Sony FeliCa stamp sized nfc card 'signal strength'. I have only been able to gather that these cards receives an electromagnetic induction signal from the reader to activate. What i'm trying to find out is the range required for it to work; what interferes with it; and what can help boost the reception of this electromagnetic signal.

reason im asking this is because..i've dismantled one of these, taken out the chip+antenna, placed it inside my phone, under the battery cover...but it just wont work that way. regardless of whether the cover is made of plastic or metal :p
so im wondering if it's getting interference from the phone's own signals or..maybe the cover is too thick or the cover material is 'wrong..
note that it's possible to get a signal 99% of the time through a wallet made of leather (plus a couple layers of paper or plastic cards and bank notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back