Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Psoc5 touch screen application using embedded linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh.zied

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make something like e-book reader with touch screen. I want to make it using PSOC5. Is there any embedded linux OS that can be ported on PSOC5.
Also I want to ask is it easier to use ARM instead of PSOC5.

Also i want to ask about touch screens and their types and where to buy and if there is application note for any project dealing with it.

It's possible to run micrion Linux on PSOC5 but cortex-m3 is very slow, probably you won't get good results or good speed.

Is there any embedded linux OS that can be ported on PSOC5.

Not as yet, but it is definietly doable. However, Micrium's uC/OS-II and Segger's embOS both have a RTOS port available. You should be able to download Micrium uC/OS-II from:

µC/OS-II/III Cypress PSoC Ports

Segger's embOS Info

Also I want to ask is it easier to use ARM instead of PSOC5.

The PSoC 5 is basically a 20-bit ADC, PLD, coupled with an embedded 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3, so it's six of one half dozen of the other. If you can code for an ARM® Cortex™-M3 outside a PSoC, you can code for it inside a PSoC.

Besides Cypress is distributing free development tools, IDE, C compiler, etc, than in itself is not a bad deal.

Also i want to ask about touch screens and their types and where to buy and if there is application note for any project dealing with it.

I believe I have some appnotes relevant to touch screens and ARM Cortex-M3s, I'll post them as soon as I locate them. As far as pricing is concerned, decided on the make and model of the touch screen and then google the part number for best pricing in your area, also check eBay, the Chinese are practically giving parts away shipping included.

Hope this info helps in your endeavors.

I'll post the appnotes as soon as I locate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back