Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

in car navigation system integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

banditaras

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wavecom gsm/gprs and gps ublox

Hi All.

I'm working for a company, that has allready a in car navigation system build. The problem, is that it's developed around a common intel like platform, using third party gprs and gps modules.

The project is to be hardware - redesigned from scratch, and my proposition is to go full custom. Reading here, and general on the net, I couldn't find any single chip, gprs or gps solutions, only some modules. TI and some other mafuctarures have gsm baseband processores, with all those goodies (LCD, Keyboard, camera interfaces, etc), but they do not sell single quantities and building on such a chip is propably science fiction for a medium sized company. Yet, using a plug'n'play gprs or gps module apart from the costs, results in a messy structure with multiple cables, boxes, power cables , etc.

I think the most appropriate solution would be gprs and gps modules boards (I mean not packaged, just some headers for I/O and power) but I couldn't locate any out there. Do you know of anything like that?

Thanks
George

pindiagram of sirf star||| in gps

Although my Japaneese are poor, I don't thing Falcom, has anything to do with it. Is this a game development company or something?

Thanks, anyway.
George

incorporating ublox and telit modules

For OEM GPS boards, try NAVMAN www.navman.com. I am using their Jupiter-11 and Jupiter-12 boards. Very good performance and stability.

navman in car integration

For the GPRS module, there are many:
SonyEricsson's GM47, Gm48, GR47
Siemens' MC35
Cellon's CMS91

For GPS module, you can find:
u-Blox's TIM

incar gps modules

Wavecom Q2501 GSM/GPRS/GPS www.wavecom.com/Products_V2/product.php?prs_id=49&prg_id=19

First fully integrated dual band GSM/GPRS and GPS module
900/1800 MHz GSM/GPRS Class 10
Direct access to GPS or GPS driven by GSM/GPRS
Small size
IP Connectivity over Open AT (TCP/IP, POP3, SMTP)
MQ Telemetry (Websphere)

**broken link removed****broken link removed****broken link removed**

jupiter 11 gps

HI All,

i'm new to this forum and very interested in this section on GPS as my daily job evolves around system integration with GPS modules.

For module, i'm currently testing a GPS module by this company based in China and they are using Samsung + UNav technology. Manage to get hold of an engineering sample (very small in size) during my China business trip last month and preliminary testings were very good and the tracking sensitivity could go all the way down to -153dbm (-183dbW). We have been testing this gps module outdoor and indoor (with a GPS simulator in our office) and preliminary results were good.

you can try www.axisem.com . Don't think they have officially launched it yet but no harm asking !

cheers mates !

incar gps u-blox

I think banditaras (george) not asking for module either GPS or GSM/GPRS, but he asking at lower level, like component.
So far as I know, to develop GSM/GPRS module it is quite hard either on engineering and commercial, too many giant players there. The component to constuct GPRS still at many count, and they sold at very very big quantity order. But for GPS there is some Chipset profider say ok to sell at lower quantity, ie 20K. Because if you buy at lower quantity, you will be not competitive.
The chipset provider is :
- SiRF (when first produce, they even sell at 10 pcs), for start up testing, but now you should talk at 10K to 20K.
- Antaris IC (joint between atmel and ublox)
- UNav at https://www.unav-micro.com/; Fastrax using their IC
And I think Motorola sell at medium quantity too.
GPS chips set count at 1 to 3 chips, with small amount of other component, could be under 20 pcs.
So you can try from the GPS first, then pls let me know the result.....
Good luck

regard

siemens tc35 -tc35i datasheet oem

Hi Banditaras,
Analog Devices have a chipset specifically for your requirement. You may check them out.
B R M

asit said:
For OEM GPS boards, try NAVMAN www.navman.com. I am using their Jupiter-11 and Jupiter-12 boards. Very good performance and stability.
please give me the pin diagram of that module. in datasheet only marked the first pin but no the 11 or 10. can you please inform me the pin diagram
thanks in advance

Pins are interleaved. If you know the pin 1 then proceed as below :

2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20

1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19

Try getting the Developers/designer guide for jupiter 12, it might be available on net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back