Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vivaldi antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaisalkhan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am trying to design a vivaldi antenna on HFSSv11 . I have a very specific Question.

I have made the the antenna aperture with a tapered conductor and ground both flaring in opposite directions. I made them by a combination of some equation based curve and polylines. Now I want to use the cover line option to make them as a sheet but it says the curve is open and it must be closed.

Apparently everything is connected and I cant figure out where exactly is the problem. So does anybody know about how can I find the opening in the curve.

Thanks

PS: The image is attached.

I will just make the Question easier. I want the polylines to connect and make a surface , which is not happening. Is there any option that I have to toggle for that ?

Hi
I have seen this error when trying to use the cover line command, i had no idea where was wrong in the design, but after twiddling with HFSS , finally I found that if you unite the lines and then use the cover line command the error will be resolved.
just a simple know-how about the HFSS ;)

Regards

Thanks for the reply .

Sorry I forgot to mention I was uniting them. But anyhow I was able to resolve the issue. Since there were multiple equations, the curve was open at some points (on the intersection of different equations). In order to see this, I had to zoom in at every point and see if they connecting perfectly.

you should unite the lines before using the cover line, i did so and the problem is resolved

One other way to do this is to expand the polyline command in the model editor. From there you can see the individual Create Line segments. While you are clicking points to create a polyline, you can right-click in the modeler, and select Close Polyline. This will automatically close it and cover the lines.

Can you upload the paper which you are implementing?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you upload the paper which you are implementing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back