Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I design a 90 degree phase shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

liudan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,all. I want to design a 90 degree phase shifter , which frequency varying form 1.6MHz to 2.4MHz,Could somebody give me an idea ?
Thanks.Best Regards

Look up the hilbert FIR filter or alternitively for analog you can build a allpass filter which provides a 90 deg phase shift over the frequency band of interest.

An allpass filter can provide 90° phase shift for exactly one frequency. Over a 1:1.5 frequency range, the phase shift would vary between about 80 and 100°. To achieve a frequency independant phase shift of 90°, you would use two chains of cascaded allpasses with stepped characteristic frequency, that produce a phase difference of 90°. It's an approximation method (similar to Hilbert FIR).

Reactions: liudan

liudan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.