Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gerber generation in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_owl

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I am doing my first PCB design project using Altium Designer. I would like to know how to generate Gerber in Altium and what are the layer normally to be shown in gerber file. Need some help on this...thank you :)

there are a few way to doing this. one of them, file-> Fabrication Outputs -> Gerber.
and you will see there default gerber files.

Zula is correct. After the command File->Fabrication Outputs-> Gerber Files you will see the list of layers that are used in your design. You can select the required layers and turn off the rest. But if you are not sure, i would suggest to send all of them to the PCB Manufacturer.

You can also use the option ODB++ Files, if your manufacturer supports that.

Under Project-> Project Options -> Options yoy can set the default location for your output files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back