Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use the six-port transformer EM simulation result in cadence spectre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wht4665453123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have simulated a fixed geometry 6-port transformer in Momentum and I have the s6p file. How may I import this into cadence to do spectre simulation?

I used the Nport element in analog lib and mounted the s6p file with it. But the DC simulation in spectre does not give expected result. I guess for DC, the touchstone file is not well defined? Also, in the Momentum simulation, should I include freq=0 point, or just simulate the frequency of interest?

I wonder normally how do RF designers do with these kind of EM simulation results? I guess this is a very common question for RF IC designers. Thank you very much for your help.

If you didn't simulate your structure starting from DC, spectre will not extrapolate the s-parameters down to DC.
Generally, spectre has some issues with s-parameters when DC ( f=0Hz) is included, pay attention to this point.Especially PSS analysis may not converge or the results may not be correct because of this discrete s-parameters frequency sampling points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back