Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 Chanel Linear controller / pulse counter schematic needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

10p6

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for a schematic to build a prototype circuit. The circuit is a twelve channel sequential pulse counter. Each channel should have:

A. Positive and Negative screw output connector
B. Variable output (Miliwatts) between 1mw and as high as possible.
C. LED to show what channel is active
D. On and off switch to disable that step if required (Not essential, but handy)

The counter works in a similar way to the scanning lights on KITT (Knight Rider Car), except that they do not reverse direction. (In a perfect world, all 12 steps could be counted as fast as 40 million times a second. I’ll be happy with as fast as possible)

100000000000 (Step 1)
010000000000 (Step 2)
001000000000 (Step 3)
000100000000 (Step 4)
000010000000 (Step 5)
000001000000 (Step 6)
000000100000 (Step 7)
000000010000 (Step 8)
000000001000 (Step 9)
000000000100 (Step 10)
000000000010 (Step 11)
000000000001 (Step 12)
100000000000 (Sequence Starts again)

Main circuit design should incorporate the following

A. 12V input
B. Main on off switch
C. Switched auxiliary 12V +/- output screw connector
D. Expansion bus with:
Switched 12V +/-
12 pins, each connected to the positive LED (For external counter)
Common ground for LED

Ideally this circuit should allow the LED's to be displayed in variable frequencies from KHz to MHz. Also, I would like the frequency between steps to be changeable. Ideally this circuit will have the highest output in Milliwatts, and the fastest refresh off to on in sequence through steps one to 12, and back to step one. However as it is for a prototype, and is test equipment, some flexibility would be good.

Anyone who can help design this circuit will be credited for the help. If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks.

Your specification is incoherent to me. What is the input signal if any? Is the output just 12 LEDs? Why do you want to run at such a high clock speed? What output is to be measured in mW?

There is no input signal, just a start and stop (Maybe a start and stop button should be added. Whoops) The LEDS are just for a visual reference to the output which has the same timing as each of LEDS. The clock is proportional to the design. In a perfect world, it would work in the GHz frequency range, however, I would be happy to have a circuit that I can test at the fastest speed possible. The MW is the external output that is triggered every time one of the LEDs is lit up. This is to drive an external item. Each LED has its own output, making a total of 12 channels that are controlled.

A Californian billionaire calls me a true visionary with my ideas, so there is method to my madness.

Last edited:

Why don't you just use a function generator? Any pulsing of an LED faster than ≈40 Hz is a blur and scanning a row of 12 at a high speed will result in such a low brightness as to appear off unless you're just looking for an indication of a starting or stopping point.

Beware of billionaires calling you names, other than partner.:wink:

Last edited:

This is part 1 of a 3 piece test equipment. The testing will be run at low speed to high speed. The LEDs are so that I can see the output during low speed testing.

I think you need a microwave engineer.

Why Microwave engineer? What do you guys think I am trying to build

GHz @ >mW = microwave energy. Flying saucers, death rays, time machines and free perpetual energy devices all require this and more.:roll: I built a flux capacitor once using paste flux and aluminum foil but was unable to achieve any measurable temporal displacement.

I like your Flux Capacitor lol. When I was 8 years old, I said that I wanted a Sextent on my christmas list, not knowing that it was spelt Sextant, arghhh. Explains why everyone looked at me a little strangely.

Without going into to much detail, the circuit I am hoping to make 'Anyone getting the hint I need help?', is a test circuit for my 'Alpha Centauri' project. :)

Alpha Centauri
Tangerine Dream already did it in the early days of their career. It was about the same time they put out Zeit. Neither were very good but when Phaedra hit they were on their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back