Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on making quadcopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mishra12

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear frens
is it possible to make quadcopters ? using 89c51 and 433mhz remote ? help me on hard ware what type of motors should i use now

Last edited:

6000 rpm should be enough.

Please have a look at it. i referred it for my help

**broken link removed**

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:14 ----------

The RPM of the Motor (at that instance) can be realized by:

RPM = 60 / mPeriod

Where mPeriod is the measured time interval of one rotation of the motor.

This value is then fed into a control loop (Realized using a microcontroller), as shown below:

The "RPM to PWM conversion" box is a linear function that converts RPM errors (RPM_out - Ref_in) into PWM offsets. After the conversion, the value is fed into an integrator. The block [K / Ts + 1] is a first order model of the motor. By determining K and T, which differs from motor to motor, we can obtain exact motor speed control.

dear frens
is it possible to make quadcopters ? using 89c51 and 433mhz remote ? help me on hard ware what type of motors should i use now

are u using 433 mhx transmitter and reciever chips..if so u might need ht640 and ht 648 to send a max of 8 signals or 8 bits...

i also would like to know what model accelerometers and gyrometer you are planning to use..
did u finish programming..
please help me i am also doing the smae thing for my project.i dont know which sensore to use with 89c51

please reply
thanks.

previous plan was 89c51 but now i am using arduino 2009

thanks buy which sensors are u using..
i suggest you use 433 mhx transmitter and reciever and then use ht 640 and ht 648 encoder and decoder so u can have them programmed to be fully functional.

which all sensors are actually needed.
please help
thanks.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

dear frens

**broken link removed** 7.6$

**broken link removed** 6.50$

**broken link removed** 11.14$

you might need 4 esc and 4 motor but 1 battery is enough i think..
this is the cheapest i found while i was doing this project.
hope it helps.

these are the parts that i have already purchased
arduino 2009,sparkfun bluetooth module,433mhz rx tx ,ht12eandht12d

Attachments

• DSC08374.JPG
    DSC08374.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
sir please can u tell me which is the red coloured chip..is it the sensor like accelerometer+ gyro.
thanks.

red colored chip is bluetooth mate from sparkfun.com coverage is 100 meters line of sight
i haven't purchase accelerometer ....but i am planning to buy searching which one is best for my condition

dear frens

Yes definitely possible. look into DIY-Drones
next a very useful forum paparazzi

There are several commercial grade UAV quadcopter for surveillance purpose but are verycostly 1nd have 14 channels, video, etc
from a Canadian company.
Few folks in India were trying to do a proto for a similar project in 2009 too.

Regarding 89c51 might be possible. you need to control 4 motors.
and a gyro.
regarding Motors better use brush-less motors and ESC. For power definitely go for LIPO battery, as they are good for weight to power ratio.

Last edited:

red colored chip is bluetooth mate from sparkfun.com coverage is 100 meters line of sight
i haven't purchase accelerometer ....but i am planning to buy searching which one is best for my condition

thanks i also have one doubt..
is gyro necessary for balencing the quad or will just the accelerometer do the job.

thanks i also have one doubt..
is gyro necessary for balencing the quad or will just the accelerometer do the job.

Gyro is used to detect the orientation.
If you are using accelerometer then you can detect acceleration in different axis if you want to control the craft you can control the acceleration and make it stable. I guess you will need a 3-axis accelerometer.

I don't have much knowledge on accelerometer, if i am wrong please correct me.

I Guess if we can have inclinometer(3-axis) then also it is possible. And gyro gives this.

Hope helps.

hi ..
i am sure accelerometer and gyro meter.both are required coz i checked the site AeroQuad Forums - AeroQuad - The Open Source Quadcopter

in this site it specifies in the parts list that gyro and accelerometer in used for the base model made with arduino 1.8 shield.
thanks..then what is the function of gyro here.
please help.

Re: help on making quadrocopter

yes after visiting AeroQuad Wiki - AeroQuad Wiki we need both

the microcontroller takes acceleration in 3 axis as input to stabilize the quad while in air and also take the rate of change in the axis of all 3 axis..so gyro is use..

but i suggest you use the ht 12e and ht 12d along with the 434 mhz ....i to am making the same ..but am a bit doubtfull on which accelerometer to buy
mma7361l is a good and cheap accelerometer in all 3 axis..
gyro is not included..

does any professionals know the actul requirment of the gyro in quad copter.??please help

i have ht12e and ht12d along with the 434 mhz it is easier to interface with micro controller but i feel difficulty on interfacing accelerometer and gyro i have no concept .i have found accelerometer cost is about 50$ in international market and gyro much costly than accelerometer now someone pls tell us how quadrocoter works with accelerometer and gyro so that we can move forward .

Hi...

can any one list the items i need for a quadcopter and also prefferes models of the items plzz plzzzz plzzzzzzzzzzz...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.