Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMEGA16/32 based single microcontroller inverter with battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but what gauge, Length,Type and what volt will it produce at maximum load. You also mentioned in this thread earlier that in over load condition the DC Bus voltage significantly reduces and by this I guessed that You r using that Drop in Total DC Bus as over load condition But Later discarded that idea as the DC bus will also reduces when the battery discharges so no point in using that scheme. Should the shunt be of constant value as in the production stages this has to be taken in to account. currently I am planning to do it with Atmega8 as the prices has came down after a surge in prices a couple of year ago. Tahmid! What you prefer for such type of inverter the PIC or the Atmel. I am comfortable with the Atmel. If possible please Show your source code/Hex file for the benefit of all of us.

MR tahmid... if you dont mind could you upload schematic version isis proteus proffesional
Hi,
They aren't SMD. I designed in ARES (PROTEUS) and when exported to image file, they become like that. Here's the original file.

Hi Tahmid,
Below is the schematic of my inverter project with the open-loop code written in Mikroe version 8.2.0.0.
Target specifications :
1. Output=230vac+/-1%, 50Hz
2. Overload/short-circuit protection
3. Output power 1000VA

The help needed on this project are:
1 basics of how to generate sine-wave look-up table for this project
2 what is the amplitude modulation ratio of this signal
ma = vm_ref/vm_carrier
3 addition and implementation of VERRY EFFECTIVE overload/short-cirrcuit protection
4 implementation of output voltage regulation to 230V+/-1% for both linear and non linear load at 0-full load

The transformer characteristics are as follows:
Primary resistance=0.2ohms
Secondary resistance.=1.5ohms
Leakage inductance secondary=2.76mH
Leakage inductance Primary=0.012mH
turn ratio =1:18

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR HELP
Regards,
Babalola.

Hello Babalola,

I am really interested in your inverter circuit and i would like to see (if possible) the final program with the mains detection function. Also there are a couple of questions...

- Can the IR2111 driver be replace by a simple NPN/PNP push-pull circuit?
- In your schematic you use a full bridge to drive the power transformer, can that be changed to a push-pull configuration without modifying the PIC programming? Also does that influence the inverter efficiency?

Best Regards.

Don,t Hijack this thread, post it in the relevant section.

Don,t Hijack this thread, post it in the relevant section.

What "hijack"? i am asking about a program posted here by another member. Am i supposed to quote him on his program in other section and in a new topic??????

Yes that would be better and will benefit you compare to asking questions in other topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.