Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Dielectric constant of Brass??..Help require urjent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanveer

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is dielectric constant or realtive permittivity of pure brass? or is there any way I can calculate them. Help require urjent..someone!!

Brass is not a dielectric, but a conductor!

Thanks . I am trying to calcualte the coaxial line calculator. Please refer this link **broken link removed**

where it is asking me to input Er ( dielectric constant) .....so what shall I imput here if Brass is a conductor..is zeroe??...thanks again

Maybe you are using brass as the conductor, but the dielectric shoul be another material (maybe air or void!) between the inner and the outer conductors.
er refers to the dielectric constant of that.
Regards

Z

Thanks . I am trying to calcualte the coaxial line calculator. Please refer this link **broken link removed**

where it is asking me to input Er ( dielectric constant) .....so what shall I imput here if Brass is a conductor..is zeroe??...thanks again

The Er is that calculator is for the dielectric between the inner and outer conductors. If air it is 1.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.