Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure crystal oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

khos

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 50MHZ crystal oscillator and i want to measure it through scope

How to measure it at osc. ??
and what is the circuit to put 50MHZ crystal oscillator to measure it at osc. ??

plz, tell me how to measure because i very very need it

To do that you need a counter eg CD4060 with this you can be able to count the frequency of your crystal,you can also download the datasheets of the ic for more details.

I not need to count the frequence but i need to see the wave form for 50MHZ crystal oscillator on oscillscope

How to see the wave form not count freq. ??

Use buffer amplifier or following circuits.
If you want simply see the output, put a capacitor (about say 22pF), then a 1K resistor to GND. Test the point between the C and R. The C should be adjust to get the best waveform.

Reactions: khos

khos

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Are you referring to crystal oscillator use for controller. if yes, If you have a very good resolution oscilloscope that can measure more than 50MHz then then you can measure is at the pins of oscillator itself. using a small value of capacitor to ground

Reactions: khos

khos

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Use buffer amplifier or following circuits.
If you want simply see the output, put a capacitor (about say 22pF), then a 1K resistor to GND. Test the point between the C and R. The C should be adjust to get the best waveform.

plz, where the following circuit or certain for me the buffer circuit

Hi,if your problem is the see the wave form just use small value of a capacitor in series with your output then test it using your osciloscope your signal will be shown on the screen but you are to expect square wave pulses.

Status
Not open for further replies.