Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NIMH overnight or slow charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

akoh

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am a noob. Can anyone recommend me a slow(or overnight ) charger IC or schematic as follows;-

1) Constant Charging current of 200-250mA
2) Charging time between 12-15 hrs at 1/10C where C is the NIMH capacity
3) DV/DT detection cut off.
4) *no thermistor requirement.(if there is a thermistor just replace with fix resistor)

Applications:
NIMH is use as back up...meaning most of the time it is drawing less than 1mA for the MCU and self discharge losses. normal discharge(about 500mA) occured only when mains AC fails.

Thank you in advance

A.K.

hi akoh,

kindly see the below link it may help u to develop... the application..:)

Hi I am a noob. Can anyone recommend me a slow(or overnight ) charger IC or schematic as follows;-

1) Constant Charging current of 200-250mA
2) Charging time between 12-15 hrs at 1/10C where C is the NIMH capacity
3) DV/DT detection cut off.
4) *no thermistor requirement.(if there is a thermistor just replace with fix resistor)

Applications:
NIMH is use as back up...meaning most of the time it is drawing less than 1mA for the MCU and self discharge losses. normal discharge(about 500mA) occured only when mains AC fails.

Thank you in advance

A.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back