Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog and Digital RF simulator needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrtich.nazaryan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
Could you please suggest me best tool or software for simulation (system level, and schematic level) digital and analog RF circuits ?

Thanks a lot :grin:

Last edited:

(system level, and schematic level)
What do you mean by schematic level ?

Generally system is decribed as schematic level.

First of all, a term of "schematic level" is not appropriate, if you compare something with "system level".
Even for "Full Transistor Level", "Schematic" can be never used if netlists are available.

If you compare something with "schematic level". it has to be "HDL Level" or "Netlist Level".

Repost after learning minimum common knowledge.

See The Designer's Guide Community Forum - Complex Analog/RF/DSP IC design tool/flow

"System Level", "Behavioral Model Level", "RTL Level", "Gate Level", "Transistor Level" and "Mixture of them".

Last edited:

Thank you for your reply.
Under the system level simulation I mean the block level design, for example, block of the DVB-T tuner (as a complete working part) connected with COFDM demodulator, MPEG decoder and so on ... each block can be described in Verilog-A(RTL level or behavioral level) or if we work in LabView or Mathlab they would describe as a mathematical function with input and output parameters.
In the schematic level I am referring to the transistor-level simulation. My friend offered me use HSPICE RF at that level.

What do you mean by schematic level ?
Repost after learning minimum common knowledge.

Isn't it obvious that this meant circuit level simulation?

Besides AWR Microwave Office and Agilent ADS, another tool might be Agilent Genesys. This is well know for circuit level simulation, but there is also a system level simulation option (Spectrasys).

**broken link removed**

Isn't it obvious that this meant circuit level simulation?
No.
Agilent Ptolemy is basically schematic based simulator.
This is also true for MathWorks Simulink.

And there is no term of "Circuit Level Simulation".

System Level is also "Circuit Level".

Generally counter part of "System Level" is "Transistor Level".

As abstract levels, we use "System Level", "Behavioral Model Level", "RTL Level", "Gate Level", "Transistor Level" and "Mixture of them".

Besides AWR Microwave Office and Agilent ADS, another tool might be Agilent Genesys.
This is well know for circuit level simulation,
but there is also a system level simulation option (Spectrasys).
You can't do cosimulation between Transistor Level Circuit and System Level Circuit with using Agilent Genesys and AWR MWOffice.

The Designer's Guide Community Forum - Complex Analog/RF/DSP IC design tool/flow

Last edited:

Wow. May I ask how long you work in the field of RF simulation?
Since 1980.

Again System Level is also "Circuit Level".

Surely read The Designer's Guide Community Forum - Complex Analog/RF/DSP IC design tool/flow

Simulators are categoraized as followings.

Regarding Signal Modeling
- Signal Flow Model Simulator
- Energy Conservative Model Simulator

Regarding Analysis Time Step Control
- Discrete Time
- Continuous Time
- Event Driven

Here I exclude frequency domain analysis.

Classical "Circuit Simulator" is Energy Conservative Model Simulator with Continuous Time Step Control.
Here a term of "Level" is not included.

Last edited:
Amazing. Your posts do not not reflect that experience.
Again there is no term of "Circuit Level Simulation".

As abstract levels, we use "System Level", "Behavioral Model Level", "RTL Level", "Gate Level", "Transistor Level" and "Mixture of them".
We don't use a term of "Circuit Level".

Besides AWR Microwave Office and Agilent ADS, another tool might be Agilent Genesys.
This is well know for circuit level simulation,
but there is also a system level simulation option (Spectrasys).
You can't do cosimulation between Transistor Level Circuit and System Level Circuit with using Agilent Genesys and AWR MWOffice.

You can't understand catergorization and feature of various simulators at all.

Surely read The Designer's Guide Community Forum - Complex Analog/RF/DSP IC design tool/flow

https://www.designers-guide.org/Design/top-down.pdf

Last edited:

I'm looking for a "Tube/Valve Level Simulator"..What should I do ???

I'm looking for a "Tube/Valve Level Simulator"..
What should I do ???
When we use a term of "Transistor Level Simulator", it means "SPICE Level(or Type) Simulator" which is Energy Conservative Model Simulator with Continuous Time Step Control.

For your purpose, you should use this "SPICE Level(or Type) Simulator" with behavioral models for Tube/Valve.

There are many options as behavioral modeling.
- Bulit-in primitive behavioral modeling functions which are provided in HSPICE and PSPICE, etc.
- SDD of Agilent ADS.
- Verilog-A, if your "SPICE Level(or Type) Simulator" support Verilog-A.

In this case, it is called as "Mixed Level Circuit Simulation".

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back