Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help identifying this chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanov

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nte864 circuit

I bring a picture of it. It has to do with something oscillating VCO chip. Can someone please identify this IC

thanks

NTE864? Integrated circuit. Precision waveform generator, according to ChipDocs.

I have a fuzzy recollection of Exar making this.

If its what i think, it has triangle, square and sine wave outputs, and variable duty cycle. It used to be the heart of function generators in the hobby magazines in the 1970's and 1980's

maybe this datasheet could help

The NTE864 is pinout compatable with the Intersil ICL8038, their data sheet is more descriptive.

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About the ICL8038:
**broken link removed**

Data Sheet:
**broken link removed**

Other manufacturers made this chip with the 8038 number.

The analog characteristics are likely to be different from one manufacturer to the next, but the general usage should be the same

Description:

The NTE864 is a precision waveform generator in a 14 Lead DIP type package capable of producing sine, square, triangular, sawtooth and pulse waveform. Its operating frequency can be selected over eight decades of frequency, from 0.001Hz to 200kHz. The frequency of oscillation is highly stable over a wide range of temperature and supply voltage changes. Both full frequency sweeping as well as smaller frequency variations (FM) can be accomplished with an external control voltage. Each of the three basic waveforms, i.e., sinewave, triangle and square wave outputs are available simultaneously, from independent output terminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back