Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is the ADS1022 Oscilloscope any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassplayer142

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I stumbled upon this o-scope in my search for an inexpensive oscilloscope to buy. I have researched all kinds of important factors such as bandwidth, sampling rate, vertical gain and resolution,etc... Before I go out and buy something without thinking I figured some people here who have used many scopes and bought them could give me some input.

It is also important to mention what kind of capabilities I would need. The highest frequency I would need would be on the order of a few MHz for something like SPI. I found a rule of thumb saying get one at least 5 times higher considering higher harmonics which would bring me to about 5MHz for a clear signal. I would be using this for analog measurements in electronics and also digital ones with a micro-controller.

**broken link removed**

Thanks for any input!

Try this link

**broken link removed**

Keith

---------- Post added at 07:34 ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 ----------

I would say it would be ok, although I would aim for 100MHz if you could afford it. The reason for saying that is everything is getting faster and even a cheap microcontroller could have a 20MHz clock. However if that is the limit of your budget it will be FAR better than nothing. The other thing to consider is the USB scopes. Not as convenient as a bench scope but the money saved by having no display & knobs should get you more bandwidth for you money.

If you stick with your original idea, shop around DealExcel: US$279.99 - ATTEN ADS1022C DIGITAL STORAGE OSCILLOSCOPE 25MHz [ADS1022C]

Keith

---------- Post added at 07:39 ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 ----------

Mind you, I have just looked at the price of USB scopes and they seem very high. It doesn't make sense, but there you are.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back