Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL - Launch ModelSim shell file

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfy_

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to launch ModelSim from a file because I need to launch three separate ModelSim at the same time.
I created the file pre_compile.sh:

Code:
vlib work
vcom Digital1101.vhd Digital1111.vhd NOT_rsvd.vhd
vsim -foreign "simlinkserver solaris32/liblfmhdls_gcc412.so;-socket 5678"-novopt Digital1111 &
vsim -foreign "simlinkserver solaris32/liblfmhdls_gcc412.so;-socket 5679"-novopt Digital1101 &
vsim -foreign "simlinkserver solaris32/liblfmhdls_gcc412.so;-socket 5680"-novopt NOT_rsvd &

but when I call the file. / pre_compile.sh it compiles the files .vhd but ModelSim will not start.

I think the problem is with the symbol &

Is there any solution that can help me?

Thanks

Modelsim has a particular syntax that lets you run scripts. I'm not sure about this, you can check this in the manual.

Try: vsim <top_level> -do sim.do

This loads the top level, and modelsim reads the sim.do file. This file should obviously only have modelsim instructions and no shell instructions.

I think I have found the solution

Code:
vlib work
vcom Digital1101.vhd Digital1111.vhd NOT_rsvd.vhd
vsim -foreign "simlinkserver solaris32/liblfmhdls_gcc412.so;-socket 5678"-novopt Digital1111 Digital1101 NOT_rsvd

So when the ModelSim launch it run's with all blocks in the same socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back