Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why to use assertions and what is their advandage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyboman

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i had an interview question about this and i really couldn't answer. i would really appreciate if somebody could tell me.

the question is: why to use assertions in the design? what is their advantage and disadvantage?

why to use assertions in verification? what is their advantage over plain testing and what is their disadvantage over plain testing?

any help is appreciated.

Hi, this paper is pretty good:

**broken link removed**

assertion is a verification method for us to find some abnormal sequence very quickly!

the main advantage to use assertion to check your design is, this assertion is always present, and then in case you test the sub-module a, you could trig an assertion inside the sub-module b, that's you do not expect.
But after the problem is, when you have add many assertions in each modules/sub-modules, the simulation speed is reduced and you could disable some assertions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back