Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

steady state temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

anishnairx10

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai friends,

i am in a experiment,my aim is find out steady state temperature without doing experiment,
consider iam passing a current of 1A to a heater wire(5 ohms), temperature of the wire should be increasing with time as per the heat generation formula
q= i2rt, but due to convective heat transfer(open space) q=kA dT some amount of heat transfers.so,it indicates it will reach a steady state temp

my question is that how can i find it by using formulas alone without doing experiment.

please help me in this regard

You have said it yourself :- It all depends on the convective heat loss, so it depends on what the physical dimensions of your 5 ohm resistor are. Will it be a carbon resistor 2 mm diam X 4 mm long, or a panel 1m X 1m ?
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back