Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nice website for modelling structures in Ansoft HFSS, CST, Feko, IE3D etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sv1437

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

I found a nice link for modelling simple structures such as dipole using various EM softwares.

**broken link removed**

-sv

This web site is a bit dated. For instance, Flomerics MicroStripes is actually now a component of CST Microwave Studio. There are other technical issues on this web site that make it appear to be at least 3-4 years old. When you are comparing the technical capabilities of various commercial EM software tools, this is a very long time for relevant, current information.

--Max

Hi ,

I found a nice link for modelling simple structures such as dipole using various EM softwares.

**broken link removed**

-sv

This also has some inaccurate information in it. On the HFSS dipole, it is simulated over the range 50 MHz - 400 MHz, but the text says:

"For this simulation, the solution frequency is 300 MHz (λ = 1 m). The radiation boundary is defined on a cylinder whose radius is 500 mm and height is 2000 mm. "

So whilst the 500 mm is fine for use at 300 MHz (and even 150 MHz, as λ/4 should be just about ok), it will not be suitable for use at 50 MHz, where the boundary is only λ/12.

If the results are going to be shown to 50 MHz (λ=6m), then the boundary should be at least 1.5 m (λ/4) away, so 500 mm is not sufficient.

I learned this flaw from an Ansys engineer recently while attending a course on HFSS.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back