Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8.9 dBi gain microstrip antenna (at 915 Mhz) for RFID app (undergrad. degree thesis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSlowhand

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I'm a newbie in RF simulation, and I've been asked to design an antenna with 10 dBi gain at 870 Mhz for my undegraduate degree thesis, with CST.

However, I've found nothing but this recent paper which proposes a reader antenna with a maximum gain of 8.9 dBi at 915 Mhz.

Here it is:View attachment 05482113.pdf

I have to say that the authors do not specify thicknesses of some materials,
so I had to choose these ones by myself.

When I simulate the antenna, s11 does not drop to -20dB (about...), but remains almost near to 0 dBi :( (Far fields are even worse).

I was wondering what can be wrong with this design of mine.

If you want, I can send you my project to see if there are mistakes.

Best regards

It is much simple to design the patch antenna with Ansoft HFSS Antenna Design Kit which you can find on web. Just specify you frequency, substrate then it will build the model automatically for you. You can find in from the web our ask Ansoft service team for that. You do not need to do it by hand.

Hi,

I've successfully managed to simulate the design, so I don't need help anymore.

Bye

Hi,

I've successfully managed to simulate the design, so I don't need help anymore.

Bye

Hey!

I was trying to simulate the same structure. But I've some problems implementing that structure mentioned in the paper. Could you please forward me your Simulation files to my mail id: kkaushik@ymail.com

This microstrip antenna can be simulated using **broken link removed**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back