Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analysis of shunt feedback amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadimichael

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am doing some hand calculations of a simple shunt feedback amplifier (common source topology with resistive feedback).

To take loading effects into account, I am following the y-parameter approach described in Grey and Meyer. My transistor model includes gm, ro, Cgs, Cgd and Cdb.

As expected, the final expression of the loop gain contains two LHP poles (input and output) and one RHP zero. However, the input pole does not show the Miller effect (?), it only shows Cgd in shunt at the output.

I do not see how the Miller effect can be obtained when using y-parameters, since you have to short the output to calculate y11 (which contains the input pole). Am I missing something here? or is y-parameters approach incomplete?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.