Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Field monitors in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

greta_garbo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a PEC sphere and I need the surface currents on that sphere but only in a line (I mean z will be fixed like z = 0 and x,y denotes a circle) I need the currents on that circle. How can I do that in CST?

Probably you can use just the 'Probe'-elements placed in particular order on the surface of the Sphere? That should be possible in CST.

Alternatively you can use macro 'Extract Fields in UDF points', where UDF is 'User Defined Points'. There you need to have like Field Monitor for some frequency and specify list of your points of interest. As a result you will get ASCII test output file containing all components of the field evaluated at your requested coordinates, which you caoul provide as one lcoated on the Sphere's circle.

See attached slides showing such a solution in EMCoS MoM tool.

Attachments

• Surface_Current_On_a_Sphere.ppt
    536 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: jzrita

jzrita

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello, if you want the currents on a curve only, you have to draw the curve before you launch the simulation. Ask also for the calculus of the currents or the Fields in the Field monitors. When the simulation is achieved, you search for the 1D plots results, and you ask for the currents on curve. And you will find the currents only on the curve you draw in CST.
Tell me if it works.

Thank you for your responce but it di dnot work. I put a curve, but I could not find anything to see currents on that curve. I ask also for currents for a frequency and E fields for a frequency. But How can ask to calculate currents on that curve?

First of all you have to create a H-Field monitor which includes the surface currents. You can choose it for certain frequencys as well as for a certain time if you simulate with the transient solver.
Then you can use the template based postprocessing.
There is an option in the 1D results called evaluate fields on predefined curve. Then you can choose the relevant surface current monitors and evaluate it.
I already did it like this and it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back