Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

step for step: "Import" Spectre Model File into Agilent ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstoll

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi -

I am newbie using Agilent ADS.
I have a Spectre Model File, and want to use it in ADS. (I have no RFDE available.)

Can someone tell me step by step how I can make the spectre models available within ADS?
All the docus from ADS are more or less related on importing spectre circuits or single models, but I want to use a complete 180nm spectre model file.

I tried:

- Import command with ADS schematic, where I get a .dsn where all models seem to be converted into "schematic". Including that using netlist include within an example it seems to load forever
- Import command with ADS netlist. It will display all devices and I should choose one with a related port number. Doing so, I get a file with all models inside naming on the device I selected earlier.

Following all the instructions found in the net and on ADS did not lead to any success yet.

Also I would not have any clue, how the modelfile will be bound to any transistor symbol afterwards!

Is it possible to get an explanation what to do step by step ?

Best regards,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.