Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Adapter Will Power Dell Laptop But Will Not Charge Laptop Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruhthakuga

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do I get my car two conductor DC laptop adapter to charge the laptop battery, it powers the laptop but it does not charge the laptop battery.

My Dell laptop A/C adapter has three conductors but my
laptop car adapter has only two.

I discovered the third conductor when I cut the tip off of the A/C adapter to put on the car DC adapter because the the car DC adapter which I had for a Compaq laptop before it did not have the very large tip that Dell laptop require and I wasn't about to buy a whole adapter for that small reason, I also couldn't find the tip separate.

The third wire is very small which leads me to think it is only something to signal something to tell something to charge the batteries.

Yes. you are right. I had a similar problem too. The only solution is to get a genuine dell adapter or find a way to program a chip to send the code that the dell adapter sends. Programming a chip and doing all the cracks is hard work and I havent seen any simple solutions anywhere online. So now you know, you should never buy a Dell again and advise others not to.

Yes. you are right. I had a similar problem too. The only solution is to get a genuine dell adapter or find a way to program a chip to send the code that the dell adapter sends. Programming a chip and doing all the cracks is hard work and I havent seen any simple solutions anywhere online. So now you know, you should never buy a Dell again and advise others not to.

I was talking about an analog signal that would be easy to simulate but you seems to be talking about a digital signal, did you test that idea and am sure it's a digital?

Anyway I would not discount buying a Dell product simply because their laptop adapters have a digital signal to start/stop charging. I base my buying decisions not on Maker but specific models and versions with users and professional reviews. Sometimes a horrible, new or unknown makers put out Over The Top model in an effort to overcome bad opinion of their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back