Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSPICE CODE vs SCHEMATIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Najeeb Ullah Khan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everybody
1)I want to know why to write pspice input file if the schematic software is available??? i love coding but why to do that if an easier way is available

2)also is there any way to put a verilog module in pspice code?

thanx in advance

schematic is easier only for small to medium size circuits.

coding in textmode is the only way for larger circuits.

and , if you code spice in text mode , you can analyse the circuit in minimal time.

in gui , schematic , you spend lot of time in placing the components and connecting...

in that time you can do lot in text mode.
just think over.

I don't know if you are referring to analog design in Spice but I cannot believe you seriously consider it to be better to create large circuits by writing the netlist manually! That is crazy!

With a hierarchical schematic editor I have designed analog ICs with tens of thousands of transistors and wouldn't dream of trying to do that by manually creating a netlist.

If your GUI is slower than manually creating a netlist then you need to change your software!

Keith

Confused!!!

So should I learn coding pspice or just master schematics only? in future i want to go into VLSI, FPGAs and Microelectronics. i m interested in both analog and digital, plz anybody there to guide me!

I can only really speak about the analog point of view from direct experience. You will need to look at netlists from time to time so it is worthwhile understanding them but I would simply use schematics to design analog. Digital is different. That tends to be done by Verilog or VHDL, not graphically, and is more of a programming language.

Keith.

Sir one last thing i would like to ask, i want to learn the laplace and fourier analysis, i know how to do mathematics but i m unable to completely visualize these concepts, where from and how i can get a good explanation about fourier analysis from the very basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back