Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sdc constraints in detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanducs24

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

can anyone explain me about SDC constraints..what it contains? how it would be useful in ascii designs?

Constraints in general can be divided into two categories, namely, Design Rule Constraints and Optimizations Constraints. Design rule constraints are implicitly defined by the vendor of the library that is being used for synthesizing the design. For example, transition time, fanout load and cap. The optimization constraints are the ones that are given by the designer. For example, clock uncertainity, latency, input delay, output delay, etc. For more details refer the SDC user manual.

Please clarify if my post is misleading in anyway.

Last edited:

Hi bala,

thank u..its good one..i understood

chandra.

Like I said the design constraints are mentioned by the library vendor. For example, if the library file contains three types of Wire Load Models namely small, medium and large. We can choose from the three and specify through the SDC file that we would like DC to use SMALL or MEDIUM or LARGE Wire Load Model. Thus SDC file is used to convey the design intent.

see synopsys SDC constraints documents ,

SDC is original synopsys format , now is open format , accepted by all vendors ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back