Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtuoso - Labeling Individual Bus Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelby

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to connect a 128 bit bus to the A pin of 128 different cells. Whats the best way to do this?

I can draw a wire from the bus to the pin on the 1st cell, create a label of bit<0>, and attach it to the wire. Then repeat for the other 127 bits ... yuk. How do I do this all at once? (without making the cells an array or using any skill code)

Thanks

I've only ever done it the hard way but suspect there may
be some auto-increment "widget" buried in the modal options.

If you can't find such, I recommend you make yourself a
generic schematic consisting of nothing but wire stubs and
<0>, <1>, ... labels that you can save and reuse next time
so you only have to suffer once - select, copy and done.

If all instances are uniform then you could have an iterated
instance. But most likely you will need to rip a bus somewhere,
sometime.

If I understand correctly, you have an instance I0 whose port A is a 128-bit bus. The 128 different cells are the same cell repeated 128 times, as in I1<127:0>, each of them will receive 1 bit from I0. If this is the case, you can just connect a wire with a label like "bus<127:0>".
If the 128 cells are I1...I128, you can connect by label. In the schematic window: add->Wire Name and in the pop up window, click on "Bus Expansion" "on" and "Placement" "multiple".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back