Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium: Schematic pin pointing to multiple physical pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

nostrildamus

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a schematic symbol for a FET that I want to use regardless of the footprint. Some FETs come as SOT223 parts. Some come as SOIC8 parts. Some come as wonky proprietary packages. You get the idea.

Is there a way where I can associate a single schematic pin with multiple footprint pins? I don't want to have to have schematic symbols for "8 pin FET" with four drain pins, three source pins, and the gate pin.

Altium feels like it has way too many features and hasn't really gotten basic functionality figured out yet.

first have only one schematic symbol. next create multiple footprints.
next step when you are integrating the component into library, assign all the footprints to the schematic.
when we are trying to place a component from library, it should show all the available footprints for that component.
you can use whichever footprint u need for that schematic when u need it.

yes you can add few footprints to a schematic. also if you dont want to show the same pins you can easily erase them. but in the footprint you have to design this pins -which are same funcinoality- with same designator names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back