Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Avago Optocoupler Gate Drive HCLP-316J

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggymin

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
I need help urgently on the Avago optocoupler gate drive.
Follow the datasheet recommended application circuit, Vcc2 = 15V and Vee = -5V. I want the Vge (Vout) have a pulse of 15V to -5V which frequency and duty cycle follow the Vin+ (using non inverting).
Now the problem is the Vout frequency will change according to Vin+ frequency but not the duty cycle. The high side duty cycle will always remain at a certain value. The Vout not suppose follow the signal input at Vin+?
Is there anything to do with the DESAT pin? Currently I did not connect any IGBT and DESAT (100ohm and Ddesat diobe) in my testing circuit.
Thanks.

Attachments

• HCLP-316J.jpg
    HCLP-316J.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 110

Hi

I dont really get what you want to obntain from Vout. Whenever the PWM is input at primary side, the Vout will switchi accordingly. There might be some tolerance (PWD, PDD etc) but 316J will react to Frequency and Duty cycle accrodingly- What is your PWM freq and uty cycle range? What load you have and which current amount (max) is wished?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back