Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any good anti-virus software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaspersky...if it has internet connectivity...or else go for quick heal

if you try Escan, you won't go for another one

use nod 32. light,very simple ui, fast scan and small update sizes.daily updated version has 2nd rank in virus detection(2nd to kaspersky).But kaspersky is very bloated av.

Hey..you can trust Kaspersky. It is good for computers and I am using it from a long time and my computer is free from viruses.

:p8O

I think the best anti-virus software is the one sold by ESET. Unfortunately it not free, but the price for the complete suite which include firewall and the anti-virus with 3 licenses, the last time i paid was R$ 120,00 ( Brazilian currency ). I consider it a fair price. Their firewall solution i don´t think it is the best one, but the anti-virus, at least in my opinion is the best one. A long time ago, a friend of mine, was having some problem in his lab, and he tested many free anti virus softwares and they didn´t work out. When i came with this anti-virus, at that time i think it was called NOD32, he was able to clean all the virus that were spread in his lab network.

I have heard about NOD.The same is in the case of BULLDOG which is not freely available. Free version is only available for 6 days.
Regards,
Jerin. ;-)

USe Avast antivirus ..its the best antivirus..

avast is light, free and good.
I think for your old computer is the best

If you want to buy one i suggest NOD32 (from ESET),
if you want a free antivirus Comodo has a nice 32/64bit free version with firewall and antivirus or AVG antivirus is widely used.
But you should definitely consider using a firewall too, the antivirus is not enough.

Alex

Last edited:

Ooooh!
I use Avira. It's good antivirus. Also I have used Microsoft Security Essentials. Also it's a good choice.

I have been using AVG and Kaspersky for a long time but I like Kaspersky more and it works quite good, I bought it $30 and it has 3 license keys so you can share w two other friends.

I vote for Avira. It's small, fast and easy use. Special, it don't mistaken identity my data :razz:

Last edited:

i've been using AVG free on winxp for a long time now, norton was slowing down my system and i had a hard time removing it,
On the other hand, i heard the latest AVG free 64-bit Win7 virus update bricked some PCs before they pulled that update.

Status
Not open for further replies.